Wondering What The Best Dog Harness Is For Running?
Perfect, you’re in the right place!
In this guide we cover:
- What are dog harnesses for running?
- How to choose the best dog harness for jogging?
- What do you look for when purchasing a harness for running?
- And my top 5 picks from someone who actually uses dog harnesses!
Below is a quick list of all my top products. Keep scrolling to learn more about how to choose and use dog running harnesses.
|View on Amazon|
|View on Amazon|
|View on Amazon|
|View on Amazon|
|View on Amazon|
What's in this Guide?
Our Top Dog Harnesses for Running
Choosing a dog harness for running can be difficult as there are so many options available and you have to consider a lot of things. We have narrowed down the list to top 5 dog harnesses to make it easier for you to choose:
- Rabbitgoo Front Range Dog Harness (Our Top Pick)
- Expawlorer Best No-Pull Dog Harness (Best Budget Pick)
- Ruffwear Front Range Harness (Best High-End Pick)
- Blueberry Pet Padded Training Dog Harness
- PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness
What are Dog Harnesses for Running?
Harnesses are designed to work for a variety of activities, including running. They have comfortable straps that fit around your dog’s body and have an attachment point for the leash. The design allows you to have more control of your pet’s movement without giving discomfort to it. The reflective material of most dog harnesses allows the drivers to see your pet from a distance, which ensures their safety.
What Do You Look for in the Best Dog Harness for Running?
Investing in a harness that is comfortable for your dog and gives you control over its movement as well, is a wise choice. Before choosing a dog harness, you should always look for some important things. These important things to consider are as follows:
- Durability of the dog harness
- Suitable size with adjustable buckles
- Comfort of your pet
- Safety features like reflective material and padded panels
- Front and back leash attachment rings
Best Dog Harness for Running Reviewed
Now that you know what things to look for in a dog harness for running, let’s review the best options. Following are the best dog harnesses for running that can help you get the most out of your outing:
Rabbitgoo Front Range Dog Harness is our top pick when it comes to buying the best dog harness for running. The best thing about this harness is that you can use it for several activities, like running, hunting, training, etc. This harness has a T-shaped design that fits comfortably around the lower neck and torso. It also has front and back rings for attaching leash whichever way you want.
- Available in four sizes
- Adjustable slide straps
- Breathable material
- Even distribution of pulling pressure
- Larger and heavier dogs might be able to break the straps
- Available only in three colors
Our best budget-pick is Expawlorer Best No-Pull Dog Harness. Dogs can get an injury if they make a quick move while running and get pulled back by the leash. Even if your dog is not a puller, pressure on the neck can cause injuries. Expawlorer Best No-Pull Dog Harness lets you have no-pull restraint on your dog. It has two leash-point attachments and a rubber top handle. The harness is also easy to put on and take off
- Highly adjustable
- Rubber top handle
- Front and back rings for leash attachment
- Durable and convenient
- Can be too bulky and stiff for small dogs
If you are willing to spend some extra bucks, you can get more value out of a relatively high-end option of Ruffwear Front Range Harness. This harness is suitable for both everyday running as well as for a hiking adventure. It is made of durable nylon material and has padded belly and chest panels. The two points for leash attachment gives you more control while running.
- Padded panels for comfort
- Four customizable sizes
- Reflective stitching gives more visibility
- High-quality and durable material
- The adjustment straps on the belly do not fit well
- The harness can be too bulky for some dogs
Blueberry Pet Padded Training Dog Harness is another great option o look into. With a simple design, the harness offers maximum comfort and security for your dog. The harness is made of 3M reflective material which makes your dog more visible on the run. Blueberry Pet Harness also comes in five different colors. The side buckles make it easier for you to put on and take off the harness.
- High-quality, reflective material
- Easy to put on and take off
- Comfortable for the pet
- Padded front panel for comfort and safety
- The chest strap might be too big for some dogs
- The front padded panel is often quite loose
- The harness might not fit snugly around the neck and too snugly under the front legs
PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness is a pretty convenient harness, which makes running with your dog a breeze. It discourages your pet from pulling hauling you while running. The quick-snap buckles on the belly and shoulders make it easy for you to put on and take off the harness. It also has 4 adjustment points to provide a suitable fit for your dog. The straps sit nicely on the chest rather than putting pressure on the neck. The best thing about this option is that you can find it in a variety of colors and sizes. With PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness, you do not have to worry about losing control of your dog while running.
- Labelled straps for chest, belly and shoulders
- Very suitable for dogs that pull
- Two quick-snap buckles
- A variety of different colors, and sizes to choose from
- Might need a lot of adjusting
- The front strap might not tighten to the best fit
- Straps are not very durable
My Final Thoughts On Dog Harnesses for Running
If you are a daily runner, any dog harness will not work for you and your dog. A substandard harness might ruin the overall experience and cause a lot of discomfort. You can choose any of the above-mentioned options to provide maximum comfort and safety to your dog on the run.
Our top pick is Rabbitgoo Front Range Dog Harness as it fits perfectly on the chest in T-shape. However, if you are looking for a budget-friendly option, you can go for Expawlorer Best No-Pull Dog Harness. It is both comfortable and highly adjustable. Apart from these two options, you can pick any other from the list, depending on the needs of your pet. In any case, buying the best dog harness for running gives you more control of your pet’s movement.
- Slip your dog’s head through the neck piece.
- Pull the bottom straps down under his belly and the top strap across his back.
- If your harness is connected on one side, have your dog step through the loop and then clasp the side straps together on the other side
You can use a dog harness as early as day one with your puppy. There is no age requirement. I would start training them with a harness as early as possible.
Yes, collars should be worn even if using a harness. Collars should have identification about your dog in case it becomes lost. The harness is for walking or running purposes.